Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Mixed Media Dream Catcher

Hello crafty people,

Since we are going to enter in the month of love soon, here a beautiful mixed media project to inspire you all. This project is one of a kind and can be customized with endless possibilities. So lets dive right into it.

First of it's important to get a thick hard board for the background support. I have used a heavy chipboard. Cut the chipboard half an inch smaller than the big hoop. Cover both the hoop and the chipboard with black gesso.


Choose the paper of your choice for background. Apply a good coat of either matt mod podge or clear gesso. Then use any of your favourite stencil to add some texture on the pattern paper. 


Next up, is adding some colors. I used impasto colors completely diluted to get the blue tone going with a pink undertone. Make sure you dab off the extra watery color off. 

Now its time to embellish the beautiful frame. I chose postcard size for my photo and created multiple layers of pattern paper to create the photo mat. With the help of some die cut alphabets i created a small banner on top spelling the word 'LOVE'.


I added some flowers going with my color palette. A couple of feathers here and there, some art stones and some clear water droplets.





Next I adhered the pattern paper to the chipboard and chipboard the back of the inner hoop.
Finally i added some beautiful laces, trims and chipboard feathers to the bigger hoop and attached both the hoops.


I applied black gesso to the feather chipboards and dry brush painted them with impasto colors. I also used some metallique wax from Prima in color rose gold on the feathers, otter of the hoops and on pattern paper to make some shadowy effect. 


Hope you all liked this mixed media dream catcher and are inspired to make your own version too. 
Do share your version with me. Leave a link to your project in the comment section below. 
Until next time

XOXO
JK

No comments:

Post a Comment