Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Shabby Chic Mixed Media Jar

Hola beautiful crafters,

I am back with a picture tutorial for you all on how to alter a glass jar in a shabby chic style. This jar can be used as a flower vase, a brush holder, pen holder, possibilities are endless. 


Let's get started!

Step 1 - Cover the jar with heavy gesso white. 


Step 2 - Use apply chalk paints of your choice (I used 2 shades of pink, one dark one light) I went in for a dual tone effect. I also adhered my clay frames before painting. 


Step 3 - Since I wanted to give it an ombré effect, I applied IMMIX metallic paint in the color pinky toes in the centre to merge the shades going from dark to light upwards. 


Step 4 - I took some flowers from my stash and covered them with white gesso.


Step 5 - Once dried, I arranged the flowers and adhered them on the jar on opposite sides. I also added a white lace on the rim of the jar. 


Step 6 - I used a couple of metal butterflies and covered them with white gesso first and then colored them using IMMIX metallic paint holiday gold. 


Step 7 - I dry brushed the IMMIX metallic paint holiday gold on the clay frames as well as on the visible areas of jar over the calk paints. 


Step 8 - I finally adhered the butterflies and added some deco stones around to fill in some empty spaces. 



Hope you liked the project and are inspired to up-cycle one of your own old glass jar as well. Do tag me in your creations inspired by this one, I would love to see them. 


Until next time
XOXO

JK

2 comments: