Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Altered Hoop

Hola crafty people,

We are already half way through the first month of the new year and I have something really fun for you to create. Over so many years, people have shared their versions of altered hoop and here is mine! A mixed media altered hoop steampunk style. 


I used natural cord and created a mesh to support all my chipboard and metal embellishments. I covered it with black gesso and then adhered my chippies and metal embellishments using heavy body gel. I used some buttons and art pebbles to add dimensions. Once satisfied with the layout, I covered everything with a coat of black gesso again. 

Next I colored with IMMIX metallic paints from Expressions craft. I only used two colors and dry brushed them. To brighten up the project I also dry brushed with white gesso. 
Here are some close up looks!








Hope you liked this new creation. Stay tuned for many more mixed media inspirations this month. Leave a comment and let me know if you want me to create something. 

Until Next Time,
XOXO

JK

2 comments: