Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Altered Mixed Media Frame

Hola crafty peeps, 

I am here with an altered frame with a twist. The twist is that I have used MDF window shutters to create a picture space on the frame itself. 




I have used the newly launched metallics form Expressions Craft Studio. The quality of these paints is just amazing. I loved the fluffy consistency of these colors and the sheen they have is brilliant. They work well on both black and white gesso without loosing the color and sheen. A total of 26 shades have been launched which you can buy from the website here.
I can go on and on about these beautiful colors but for now let's dig in to the project tutorial. 

Step 1 - I covered my window and the frame with IMMIX heavy white gesso.


Step 2 - Using IMMIX texture paste and the newly launched brick stencil add the design around the frame. 


Step 3 - Add some IMMIX crackle texture paste here and there and sprinkle some sprinkle glitz over it for some grungy texture. 


Step 4 - Adhere all the required chipboards and cover them with white gesso. Also adhere the window shutters in its place. 


Step 5 - I used the new launched chalk paint color red cherry wood and covered the brick area as far as possible. 


Step 6 - I highlighted the bricks pattern using the new chalk paint color Military brown


Step 7 - Using the newly launched metallics in the color jungle green I covered all the chipboard branches


Step 8 - Finally add all the flowers around the shutters along with deco art atones. I also in the end used metallic colors mari gold and bronze moon to highlight the window and brick wall texture. 


Here are some detailed pics - 









I hope you liked this mixed media project using the newly launched products from expressions craft. Do tag me in your projects inspired from this one. 


Until next time
XOXO
JK



No comments:

Post a Comment