Thursday, November 22, 2018

Altered Art Journal Cover


Hello crafters, 

I have a step by step tutorial on how to make a beautiful Art journal cover with the help of some mixed media supplies. You can alter any old diary cover with the help of this tutorial. So without further a due let’s get started.


Step 1 - Prime your surface! Since my cover was black and I needed a white background I used heavy white gesso. You may use clear or black gesso too.



Step 2 - Add a floral flourish design with the help of a stencil and texture paste. You can use any stencil you have for the design.


Step 3 - To add some grungy wall effect on the background, mix some sprinkle glitz to the texture paste. Apply it with the help of a palette knife. This adds a very grainy texture on my background




Step 4 - Prime the chipboard pieces with some heavy white gesso too while my texture paste was drying.


Step 5 -  Take a mini doily as a background layer for the focal point and color it yellow as per the chosen palette colors.



Step 6 - Using sprinkle mist spray paints, color brick chipboards


Step 7 - Heat emboss the focal point chipboards, for which I used black for my frame and spiced marmalade for buddha & flowers.


Step 8 - Once the texture paste dried completely go in with the paints and color the background. I used fuchsia to color the floral design, citrus yellow for the swirls and I created a dusty brown color by mixing burnt orange and persimmon for the wall.


Step 9 - Glue all the elements on the cover and stamp here and there to add more layer.



Here are some closer looks.








I hope you liked the project and would give it a try too. Also, don’t forget to join in the monthly challenge at Prika – ‘Anything Goesembossed’


Until next time
XOXO
JK

No comments:

Post a Comment