Monday, March 5, 2018

Mixed Media Canvas - Spring Time

Hola crafty people,

I am back with another mixed media project. I have created a mixed media canvas based on spring time with lots and lots of colors, hence the name 'festival of colors'. So let's get started!


  • I used a 8'x6' canvas for this project. 
  • I prepped it with white heavy gesso 
  • I then used 'Sweet Pumpkin and 'Sweet Sunshine' shimmer sprays from craftyscrappers to create a sunny sky. (find my review on shimmer sprays here)
  • I sprayed a bit of both the colors on my craft mat mixed them together and created the sun with a paint brush. 
  • I added a tint of blue to the sky as well. 
  • I used cloud chipboard cutouts, painted them blue and heat embossed them

  • Next I created a brick wall using a stencil and texture paste
  • I again used shimmer sprays in colors tickled cheeks and juicy water melon along with some black acrylic color to give the wall a rustic look
  • To make the grassy effect I used shimmer spray in the color dancing peacock 
  • I used a golden acrylic color to give my window an aged rustic effect. 
  • To create the curtains I used bandage, a frilly lace trim and some brown twine. 
  • I added a small chipboard rectangle piece (with pattern paper) to add a 3D look to the project and add my miniature pot.

  •  I then assembled everything by adding lots of colorful flowers and pollen sticks
  • To add more dimensions I added some art stones. 
  • To color the art stones I used shimmer spray in the color tickled cheeks and sweet sunshine
  • Finally I completed the project by adding a beautiful butterfly and a lady behind the curtains
Here is the project at a glance - 














I hope you liked this project as much as I loved making it. 
Until Next Time

XOXO
JK



No comments:

Post a Comment