Monday, November 5, 2018

Mixed Media Treasure Chest

Hola crafty peeps,

I am back with yet another mixed media project for you all. This time I have altered a MDF box into a beach theme treasure chest. This project was made for Expressions Craft's monthly challenge  inspiration as one of their design team members. 

I have used very simple techniques in creating this. I used lots of seashells and a few handmade paper clay starfishes. Going with the mood-board, I have used teal and rust colors for my project. So without further wait, let's dig in!

Step 1 - Cover the box with white gesso first and then add black gesso on all the edges.


Step 2 - Cover all the black gesso areas with crackle texture paste and let it dry naturally. Apply a mix of thick and thin layer of crackle texture paste. 


Step 3 - Once dried completely, Using the stencil of your choice and crackle texture paste, make designs on all four sides of the box. 



Step 4 - Once all the crackle paste is dried, adhere all beach elements & deco art stones using heavy body gel medium and let dry. After the elements have stuck properly, cover everything with white heavy gesso. (I added a layer of medical gauge on top of the box before adding my elements.)



Step 5 - Color the box base in teal color and all the elements in rust color. I added a lil bit of yellow as well to make the transition of the colors look real. 


Let's get a closer look!











Hope you like the project! Do tag me in your creations if you are inspired by this one. And lastly, do not forget to participate in the ongoing challenge at Expressions Craft studio here. 

Until next time
XOXO

JK



--

Supply list - 
  1. IMMIX Heavy Gesso - White & Black
  2. IMMIX Deco Art stones - Medium & Mini
  3. IMMIX Crackled Texture Paste
  4. IMMIX Sprinkle Mists - Deep Teal, Persimmon, Chest Nit, Burnt Orange
  5. Expressions Craft Stencil - Weave Pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment